MATTERS NEEDING ATTENTION
When you begin your fitness program, please keep these tips in mind:
- Start slowly and build up gradually. Give yourself plenty of time to warm up and cool down with easy walking or gentle stretching. As your stamina improves, gradually increase the amount of time you exercise.
- Break things up if you have to. You don't have to do all your exercise at one time. Exercising in short sessions a few times a day may fit into your schedule better than a single 30-minute session.
- Listen to your body. If you feel pain, shortness of breath, dizziness or nausea, take a break. You may be pushing yourself too hard.
- Monitor your progress. If you lose motivation, set new goals or try a new activity.
- People who have pre-existing conditions as high blood pressure, stroke, fused vertebrae, extreme obesity, detached retinas, or pregnancy should consult a doctor before exercise on the dip bars.